I thought lets give it a try again. I installed fedora 14, installation was smooth but i faced some problem in creating the bootable usb drive. But it got resolved in few tries. I installed fedora and trust me installation was too smooth.
After the installation i need to make it ready for using [ missing softwares ]
I started with Java.
- Download jdk and jre from . Download bin files.
- Change it to become executable [ chmod +x file ]
- Run bin file
- Using alternative --install command.
Ok Lets try it out. You may require root access.
- Open Terminal
- wget This will download jdk-6u22-linux-i586-rpm.bin
- chmod +x jdk-6u22-linux-i586-rpm.bin
- alternatives --install /usr/bin/java java /usr/java/jdk1.6.0_22/jre/bin/java 20000
- alternatives --install /usr/bin/javaws javaws /usr/java/jdk1.6.0_22/jre/bin/javaws 20000
- java -version
Next is openoffice
yum install openoffice*
To enjoy mp3 and other restricted softwares we need to enable the restricted repos.
This is all for Fedora 14.